In this issue
- From the desk of the governor
- Future Internal Medicine Meeting 2018
- ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2018
- ACP India Chapter Mid-term conference.
- ACP Japan Chapter Internal Medicine Meeting June 2018
- Upcoming Events
- Educational & Scientific Committee Activities
- Welcome New Fellows & Members
- Dues Delinquent Members
A. Muruganathan., MD., FACP
FROM THE DESK OF THE GOVERNOR
Dear Brothers and Sisters, Greetings!
I am very happy to connect with you through this newsletter. I am really very happy to know that many ACP members are actively involved in various academic and service activities.
There are many more avenues where you can do more service in ACP. Kindly watch for our circulars and you can also apply for some recognition award and motivational award from ACP. This year also ACP India Chapter is actively involved in conducting webinars, live CMEs, and Whatsapp CME. You are requested to contact the zone advisory council member for any assistance.
Please enroll, recruit more members and induct junior doctors in to ACP. Each one Reach one. Please feel free to contact me for any innovative programme or projects which can get us John Tooker Evergreen Awards to our ACP India Chapter. For the last two years our ACP India Chapter is getting Chapter Excellence Award with all your support and cooperation. With the help of the Chapter Development Fund the advisory council members had done lot of educational activities in various medical colleges, small towns and helped chapter development.
I am very proud to inform you that our ACP India Chapter is recognized by all the ACP international chapters. We are planning for mutual educational exchange programme.
Soon we will be launching our ACP India Chapter website (www.acpindiachapter.org)
Nominations are invited for “new Elizabeth and Emily Blackwell Award for Outstanding Contributions to Advancing the Careers of Women in Medicine” Submit your nomination letter, supporting letters, a brief biographical sketch of the nominee and the nominee’s curriculum vitae by July 1 on the nomination form found at www.acponline.org/nominations and “ACP's International Fellowship Exchange Program”(send your application and biodata through email: email@example.com).
FUTURE INTERNAL MEDICINE MEETING:
This year ACP India Chapter Annual Internal Medicine Meeting will be held on 1st& 2nd September 2018 at Lucknow under the dynamic team led by the Organising Secretary Dr. Anuj Maheshwari & Organising Chairman Dr. NarsingVarma. I request you to kindly actively participate and promote the conference among your friends.
The conference will be for two days starting from morning Saturday 1st and concluding on 2nd September Sunday evening 2018. There would be interesting lectures, workshop, seminars, debates, CMEs etc. with the help of various national experts in the field of Internal Medicine. Prof Thomas Cooney Imm.Past Chair Board of Governors would attend our conference as the ACP ambassador and in addition there would be some international speakers.
INTERNAL MEDICINE MEETING 2018
The historically and culturally rich city of New Orleans, Louisiana, hosted the The American College of Physicians Internal Medicine Meeting from April 19-21, 2018. Internal Medicine Meeting 2018 was the only meeting of its kind combining clinical skills with over 200 scientific sessions to update your knowledge in all facets of internal medicine and its subspecialties.
The best and brightest physicians from around the globe gathered on the occasion. Over 170 Scientific Sessions were recorded at ACP’s Internal Medicine 2018 meeting. You can download the ACP Meetings App from your app store on phone and access information about sessions, speakers, exhibitions and more.
Physician well-being was a major theme at Internal Medicine Meeting 2018. The meeting also featured a Relaxation Station with a reflection wall where physician attendees could unwind, recharge devices, and take part in yoga or meditation.
A n Indian delegation led by Dr. B. A. Muruganathan, MD, FACP, Governor – ACP India Chapter also attended the meeting.
ACP Japan Chapter Internal Medicine Meeting June 2018
June 1st week I went to ACP Japan Chapter for attending Internal Medicine Meeting at Kyoto. I thank Governor ACP Japan Chapter Dr. Fumiaki Ueno and Organising committee for the nice welcome and hospitality. The arrangements, the venue, the registration procedures, workshops, poster presentation were really good and little different.
We had a good fellowship with the dignitaries like Dr. Jack Ende Past President ACP, Governor Dr. Fumiaki Ueno, Dr. Kenji Maeda Governor Elect and others. I delivered a talk on “Recommended Treatment Protocol for Improving Management of Hypertension Globally” at the conference.
It was wonderful experience and I learnt lot of new points.
ACP India Chapter Midterm Conference
Organised Mid Term Conference & Advisory Council meeting on 24th March evening to 25th March evening 2018 at Kumbakonam, Tamilnadu. This conference attended by 100 Physicians and 40 Medical students Dr.A.Muruganathan explained about our ACP membership benefits.
The American College of Physicians (India Chapter) and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi invites you to participate in our “Hospital Medicine Conclave 2018” to be held at Kochi on June 22nd and 23rd, 2018. Hospital Medicine is a new and rapidly growing field of Internal Medicine.
The main objectives of our conclave are:
- To introduce Hospital Medicine as a novel track of specialization for Internists in India
- Learn about Evidence Based Medicine for hospitalized patients and improve Quality and
- Promote multi-disciplinary team work to manage complex chronic diseases
- Focus on Perioperative Medicine, will educate on common problems faced by Internists when Co-managing complex surgical patients in the perioperative period create the opportunity to lead change at Institutional level by innovation.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 is April 11-13 in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
EDUCATIONAL & SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES
An Academic Program was arranged at R.G. Kar Medical College, in India’s City of Joy – Kolkata on 26th April, 2018. It was organised on behalf of ACP (American College of Physician) and included academic sessions mentioned underneath:
- Positioning Gliptins in the continuum of T2DM management
- Approach to Polyarthritis in a Young Female
- Clinical Case Presentation
CME programs under the banner of ACP India Chapter
ACP encourages you to host your CME programs under the banner of the American College of Physicians and partner for a great outreach of your CME program.
CME programs are helpful in gathering hands on knowledge on useful topics related to medicine. ACP has always promoted CME programs and you earn CME credits when you attend any CME program. This also helps you advance to the next level in your ACP membership
WELCOME NEW FELLOWS&MEMBERS
Fellowship is an honor achieved by those recognized by their peers for personal integrity, superior competence in internal medicine, professional accomplishment, and demonstrated scholarship.
The Chapter recognizes and congratulates the following physicians who were elected to Fellowship in the College in the past 6 months:
- Dr. B R Bansode, MD FACP
- Dr. Pritam Gupta, MD FACP
We are proud to welcome the following members who have joined the Chapter during the past 6 months:
- InderpreetKaurDardi, MD
- AnkitMiddha, MBBS MD
- SatishGosavi, MD
- Prasan Panda, MBBS MD
- RenuYadav, MBBS
- SoumyaGhosh, MBBS MD
- HimanshuDandu, MD
- MAJ ARUN K VALSAN, MD
- KireetNallamothu, MBBS
- SmarajitBanik, MBBS MD
- NishantKanodia, MBBS MD
- Shanta Anita G Nambiar, MBBS MD
- JaggiRawat, MBBS
- DiveshWadehra, MBBS
- Brij Mohan, MBBS
- NitinRane, MBBS
- Sumeet More, MBBS
- SuhasKarkamkar, MBBS
- KishorViradiya, MBBS
- SantoshNagare, MBBS
- Birinder Bhatia, MBBS
- Kamal Singh, MBBS MD
- Kishor Kumar Nagar, MBBS MD
- Laxmi Narayan Sharma, MBBS MD
- Raj Kumar Bhookar
- PritiPanchal, MBBS MD
- VikramBalwani, MBBS
- Ashutosh Jain
- Dalip Gupta
- Rajeshwar Singh
- Ravjit Singh
- Naveen Salins, MBBS MD
- Gurdeep Singh Shergill, MBBS MD
- Parminder Singh, MBBS MD
- AmitVerma, MBBS MD
- Kamal Kishore, MBBS MD
- KUMAR GAURAV SHARMA, MD
- SaurabhAgarwal, MD
- AJAY NATHAN, MD
- DAWN ANTHONY, MBBS MD
- RATHI CHANDULAL
- AnkurChaudhari, MBBS MD
- RAY SUDIPTA
- Ashok Singh, MBBS MD
- BalamuruganSubbiah, MBBS MD
- Bharat Bhushan Jindal, MBBS MD
- Mittal Kumar
- Dixit Harish
- Amit Ashok
- TRIPATHI KUMAR
- Jain Anuj
- Milind Desai
- Ram ChanderNegi
- Bipin Kishore Kullu, MBBS
- Rahul Kulkarni
- Sharma Binod Kumar Sr, MBBS
- Devashish Gupta, MBBS
- DattatreyaMurty, MBBS MD
- Dharmendra Kumar, MBBS MD
- Rahul Ware
- Dibyendu Mukherjee, MBBS MD
- DilipGude, MBBS MD
- Mohammad Sami, MBBS
- Kumar Rathour
- Manish Deshpande, MBBS MD
- Manoj Kishore Chhotray, MBBS MD
- Sanjay Tarlekar
- Satish Kumar
- Sukhdev Singh
- Tejinder Singh
- Vipin Gupta
- Rajesh Mishra
- Shelly Goel
- Gaudi Satyanarayan
- Vishal Shah
- Munish Kumar, MD
- PrashantKini, MD
- Raghu Singh, MD
- AamitLakhani, MBBS MD
- Sajid Ansari
- Sanjay Singhal
We are proud to announce that 74 medical students have taken ACP Student’s Membership in the last 6 months.
ACP helps medical students stay updated with the latest in Internal Medicine and provides a variety of valuable educational and clinical resources, including:
- Annals of Internal Medicine – Included with ACP membership, your free online subscription provides you with original research reviews, clinical guidelines, commentaries, and essays related to the practice of internal medicine.
ACP JournalWise – This free member service helps you keep current with the most important medical literature from over 120 journals. Simply select your areas of focus, and we’ll deliver a customized list of relevant journal articles to your mobile phone or PC.
- Free attendance at scientific meetings – As a Medical Student Member, you can attend the College’s annual Internal Medicine meeting, as well as local chapter meetings, for free or for a deeply discounted rate.
WELCOME NEW FELLOWS & MEMBERS
Renewal Details of the Membership
2018-2019 Dues and Fees for Renewing Members Outside of the United States have been updated.
ACP’s membership year runs from July to the following June of each year. As, a special consideration, dues are waived for new members who are elected in April, May and June, providing that the new member pays his/her full dues amount for the next membership year.
ACP recognizes that members may have special circumstances that require a reduction in dues. Below are circumstances under which a member may request a dues adjustment.
Retired/Semi-retired Rateare eligible for Emeritus membership status (after meeting some special criteria) and a 50 percent reduction in membership dues
If you are full dues paying member of ACP and one of the following organizations, you are eligible for a 10% discount off of the dues you owe to both organizations at renewal.
ACP member couples have the option of waiving one set of print publications and receiving a dues reduction.
Part-Time/Unemployed Rate is renewable each year and you will be contacted January of each year to update your status for the next membership year.
Members receiving Financial Hardship Rate will be asked to pay voluntary dues to their local ACP chapter.
Disabled Members Rate
For the current membership year that began on July 1, the dues rate is $235. Members paying a reduced dues rate will be asked to pay voluntary ACP chapter dues.
Members receiving Temporary Waiver rate will receive a dues bill asking that they voluntarily pay their local ACP chapter.
Last Chance: Dues Delinquent Members
Dear ACP Members / Fellows / Resident, Greetings!
- I recently learned that some of your membership in the American College of Physicians will expire because your dues are not current. As Governor of your local ACP India chapter, I urge you to remain an active member of our community of internists and renew your membership online.
- Membership in the College offers a network of 152,000 internists, world-class educational resources, highly regarded scientific programs, and comprehensive publications like Annals of Internal Medicine that help you to provide the best possible care for your patients. ACP also offers extensive assistance with maintenance of certification and practice management, advocacy at the local and national levels, and exclusive members-only discounts. For a complete listing of member benefits, visit ACP Online at www.acponline.org/benefits.
- In addition, our India Chapter holds an excellent scientific meeting offering convenient CME credit and a place to connect with your colleagues. We also have active committees to involve chapter members in planning the meeting and other programs. For more information, visit Web site at www.acponline.org/chapters and clicking on the link for India Chapter
Please remain a member of ACP. You can easily renew your membership online call Customer Service at 800-ACP-1915 (M-F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. ET) and pay the current year's dues. Your unpaid dues for the prior year will be waived.
I hope that you will remain a member of ACP and our India Chapter!